When reporting service problems or power interruptions, certain information is necessary to assure quick response.
Please use the following checklist and report this information to the dispatcher:
• Assure the problem is not with your equipment, fuse box or circuit breaker.
• Check with neighbors to see if they have a similar problem.
• Report all downed power lines and damaged electrical equipment. Stay away from downed or hanging power lines.
• If you or a member of your family has electrically-powered life support systems, report this to the dispatcher for priority service.
• Report the exact nature of the problem.
• Report the exact location of the problem.
• Report the account number if available. The account number is found on the electric bill.
In the case of major outages due to storms and damage to Shelby Energy equipment, turn off major appliances to assist with restoration of service.
Check out Shelby Energy's Facebook page for news and updates.