ENERGY STAR MANUFACTURED HOME PROGRAM
Shelby Energy Cooperative's Energy Star Manufactured Home Program is designed to ensure that members of Shelby Energy Cooperative purchase an energy efficient manufactured home. Shelby Energy Cooperative will accomplish this by providing the purchaser of a manufactured home with an incentive to purchase and install a new Energy Star certified manufactured home.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Systems Building Research Alliance (SBRA) guidelines as an Energy Star Manufactured Home.
- Primary source of heat must be a heat pump.
- Home must be all electric.
- Home must be installed by the member on lines served by Shelby Energy Cooperative.
- Participants in the Energy Star Manufactured Home Program are not eligible for participation in the Heat Pump Retrofit Program.
After new home installation and after receiving certification as an Energy Star manufactured home, Shelby Energy Cooperative will tender a $1,150 incentive payment to their member. The incentive is intended to help cover the cost of upgrading the home from the standard United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) construction requirements to the SBRA and EPA Energy Star manufactured home construction requirements.