You could be eligible for a rebate of up to $750!
The Heat Pump Retrofit Program provides incentives for Shelby Energy customers to replace their existing resistance heat source (i.e. baseboard heat or electric furnace) with a high efficiency heat pump.
This program is targeted to members who currently heat their home with a resistance heat source; this program is targeted to site built homes, manufactured homes, and multi-family dwellings.
- Incentive only applies when homeowner's primary source of heat is an electric resistance heat furnace, ceiling cable heat, baseboard heat, electric thermal storage.
- Existing heat source must be at least 2 years old.
- New manufactured home are eligible for the incentive.
- 2 Maximum incentive payments per location, per lifetime for centrally ducted systems.
- Ducted and ductless mini-splits applying for the incentive will be incentivized at a rate of $250 per indoor head unit up to a maximum of 3 head units per location, per lifetime.
- Participants in the Heat Pump Retrofit Program are not eligible to participate in the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program.
Homeowners replacing their existing resistance heat source with a heat pump will qualify for the following incentive based on the equipment type:
Centrally Ducted Systems:
Current ENERGY STAR level equipment or greater | $750
Current Energy Conservation Standard established by the Federal Department of Energy "DOE" | $500
Mini Split Systems:
Ducted or ductless Mini-Splits ENERGY STAR level equipment or greater | $250
* Contact Shelby Energy prior to performing upgrades. A Shelby Energy representative must perform an initial inspection of existing system before installation of the Heat Pump in order to qualify for rebates*
Contact Shelby Energy at 1-800-292-6585 for more information.