Shelby Energy Cooperative respects the privacy and confidentiality of owner/member information and is committed to operational practices that protect this information. Shelby Energy will not share personally identifiable information with third parties who are not directly involved with Shelby Energy’s routine operations unless required to do so by law such as by subpoena, court order, or regulatory agency request, or if directed to do so by the member.
Purposes of member information collected:
- Conduct the business of Shelby Energy;
- Determine the current status of a member’s energy service;
- Assess credit risk, including obtaining credit reports;
- Communicate with the member and address any service issues or needs;
- Bill accounts, maintain payment records, give notice on current balance;
- Assemble statistics about how Shelby Energy’s website is accessed and used;
- Compile aggregate data that does not identify the member as an individual;
- Contact members about outages and services offered by Shelby Energy and third-party energy-efficiency program partners;
- Provide aggregate information to Community Action Council agencies, upon request;
- Respond to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies; and
- Collect debts owed by a member.