With the prepay service program (“Prepay”); residential members may purchase electricity before they use it. Prepay residential members avoid paying deposits, late fees, collection fees and/or reconnect fees. Prepay provides members the chance to become more aware of energy usage and better manage energy consumption.
- Residential members may enroll in Prepay by setting up a Prepay account with an initial minimum purchase balance of $100.
- Prepay members can manage the balance of their Prepay account by making a minimum purchase of $20 and avoid any interruption of their electric service.
- No cash security deposit is required for a Prepay account.
- Prepay members are provided text and/or e-mail alerts when the Prepay balance falls to $25.
- Participating members will receive daily alerts until a purchase is made to fund the Prepay account-causing the balance to become greater than $25.
Prepay purchases are accepted by the following methods:
- Shelby Energy offices
- Remote payment centers
- iPhone /Android app “Shelby Eng”
- Shelby Energy website/Member Portal
How you make Prepay work for you?
- Take control of your electric account and energy usage.
- Monitor energy consumption and track usage patterns within your household.
- Better manage and budget energy costs for your family.
- Avoid paying a cash security deposit.
- Avoid late fees, collection fees and/or reconnect fees.
Please contact Shelby Energy Cooperative for more information at 1-800-292-6585.